MOME+ Jam Session #1
The Value of an Idea: How can you monetize your design?
At the opening session we discussed the question how an idea can be turned into a business venture, a valuable artifact that can be sold to others. What do you need to launch a successful enterprise based on an idea? What kind of value does an idea represent in the domestic market? These questions and similar issues were examined during the first MOME+ roundtable discussion with the help of our invited guests.
They are young, talented and ambitious – for MOME’s recently graduated and undergraduate designer students, we created a platform where they can meet design professionals and the public, as well as other experts involved in design, to share their ideas, raise questions and find answers to those questions together.
Our aim was to engage, in a fairly relaxed form, design undergraduates and emerging designers in common discussions and sharing ideas, to provide opportunities for them to meet established actors of the design scene and profession, and to contact other professionals and experts. The core issue in this series of discussions, approached from a different aspect at each session, was how to start and maintain a successful career.
November 24, 2015, 18:00
Location: |3| (Three Bar), Kazinczy utca 3, Budapest
- Dr. Miklós Bendzsel - president of the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office (HIPO) and the Hungarian Design Council (HDC)
- Dr. Viktor Botos - managing director of HIPAVILON Hungarian Intellectual Property Agency Nonprofit Ltd
- Judit Osvárt - design expert, project leader of Budapest Design Week
- Pál Koós - associate professor, head of MOME Design Institute, MOME+ project manager
- Andrea Schmidt - assistant professor, MOME Institute for Theoretical Studies, MOME+ project coordinator